Random Thoughts...

>> Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ok so I was born a ponderer. Or a thinker? Or maybe it developed as I grew up.

When I was young, my grandma always told me that the world would end in the year 2000. So when I was maybe 6 or 7, I used to always look out the window and wondered how the world would end, and what I should do to survive given different scenarios... what age I should marry so at least I'll be married when the world ends... la la la la la...

Then in college, I moved to the big city.. and I realized that the world wasn't really going to end in 2000. My questions and pondering shifted to other stuff. I loved random trivia... I still treasure my old books like "Why Are Dog's Noses Wet?" and "Why Do Clocks Run Clockwise?" where I found trivia like these:


Why is a manhole round? 
- Because it's the ideal size to fit a man (nope, not only that...)
- Because a round manhole cover wouldn't fall inside even if it's turned sideways. Unlike if it's a square manhole where the square cover could accidentally fall in diagonally. (aha!)

and..

Did you know that if you fill a sink with water and pull the plug, the direction wherein the water is drained is opposite in the other side of the world (North Pole and South Pole)... and the same goes for some types of toilets when you flush them. 

I don't know if it's true, but useless trivia such as these do amuse me.

So when I learned that my hubby's Lolo (grandfather) has a habit of asking waiters the difference among Mineral Water, Distilled Water, and Purified Water.. I suddenly felt that we'd get along well! =)



So the point is??!
Hmm.. I guess my point is... expect more trivia and pondering posts here...  I created this blog anyway with Europe and the "manhole trivia" in mind. Seriously.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP