God listened to my heart before I even prayed... :-)

>> Sunday, April 11, 2010

A few days ago I was feeling sentimental and wrote about not having been able to pursue my "European" and travel dreams... (You can check out my first post!) You see, I've always wanted to travel A LOT, especially in Europe, which is admittedly not an easy thing to do for personal reasons, aside from financial ones.

I've always wanted to be a flight attendant mainly because of the travel perks. I've attempted a number of times to apply and even paid for a training which I decided to drop when something more important came up in our family. I stopped pursuing it because I simply couldn't leave my parents behind for a career that would take me from them. They are "not very healthy", as I prefer to say.

I've dedicated almost the past 2 years of my life for my loved ones.. shuttling back and forth the Philippines  and Dubai to be with them in their times of need. My parents have always been my first priority, and my poor loving husband, the second. I received several job offers but couldn't take them as I always had to fly back in a couple of months. Circumstances in my life had put me in this position... I couldn't plan my own life, and yet it never felt right to complain because I love them with all my heart and I am simply grateful that I can serve them. (I am even so frustrated with the 3 grey hairs on top of my head  because I felt nothing in my life or growth stood for them) I just buried whatever questions I had in my heart. My prayers were always for them.. for my loved ones. I didn't ask God for travels,  nor for material things... I didn't pray to God for a career, moreso for a dream that I have given up long ago.

An opportunity came up. I am on my longest stay here (around 6 months at least), and finally, I can apply for a job. Any job, I thought, that could let me buy a few things I wanted and perhaps a few gifts for my parents. (My hubby is a very understanding, loving, and generous person, but we also have to save for our future. He has already been very generous with my airfares and all, so I didn't really want to ask him for unnecessary things.)

Last April 5, I wrote about my dream of travelling, and how I have accepted the fact that working in Europe was no longer realistic. I can only travel there at my own expense.. obviously not as much as I would want to, for financial restraints.

Two days after, I was given a job offer in one of the world's best airline companies.

Today, I accepted their offer.

I get to work as a regular staff but most importantly, I would get almost, if not the SAME BENEFITS AS A FLIGHT ATTENDANT.
And that is, up to 90% off on airfares, for me, my husband, sisters, and parents. Anywhere in the world!

My hubby and I are dreaming already of spending weekends in London, or Athens... having vacations wherever...

I feel so blessed... Maybe there's a purpose why God hasn't blessed us with a baby yet. Maybe He wants to reward us with travels first, which He knows, is what we love to do.

I just pray that circumstances in my life would agree with me.. this year especially. I'm already about to hold my dream in my hands. Life, please let it stay there until I have actually enjoyed it already.

Next year is another story... You see, my hubby and I have made a decision that will change our lives next year. We're going home for good for our loved ones' sake.

Thank you dear God. I didn't ask, and yet you gave me what I wished for in my heart... a career that  would let me explore the beauty of the wonderful world you've made.  =)

1 comments:

carlamaldita May 5, 2010 at 6:50 AM  

wow im so inggit! i love travelling too! ang laki naman ng discount nyan!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP